I’m afraid I’ve been rather remiss in not posting this sooner. Life got in the way and, as we ‘ve all figured out, there are only so many hours in a day. Once we’ve factored in eating, sleeping, working and generally taking care of life’s little dramas there’s not much time left and sometimes we just need to stop for a while.
Apologies done (or excuses made, depending on your point of view) I need to acknowledge an honour bestowed upon me and thank Christina for thinking me worthy.
Six months ago when I started this blog I didn’t even know there were such things as blogging awards and, when I did come across them in the course of my blog browsing, I seriously did not expect to have any bestowed upon me. I was just doing something I loved and not expecting recognition. There are some amazingly articulate, entertaining and thought provoking blogs out there and I am constantly in awe of the diligence and creativity of my fellow bloggers. I consider it a privilege to be among them and honoured when they single me out for praise.
Two weeks ago, Christina of Reconstructing Christina saw fit to bestow upon me The Very Inspiring Blogger Award and I am so sorry it has taken me this long to get around to acknowledging and thanking her. Christina is one of those bloggers prepared to share with us sensitive and often poignant insights into her thoughts and her blog is well worth a visit.
The rules of the award are:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
So, 7 things about myself:
- I have a cat called Diesel who is constantly trying to kill me, by tripping me up.
- The first thing I remember cooking is baked beans on toast (if that can be called cooking) when I was 11 or 12.
- I share my birthday with Emily Bronte.
- and on that note … my eldest daughter was named after Cathy in Wuthering Heights (but spelt differently).
- I don’t like pineapple on pizza.
- I do like pineapple meringue pie.
- In the 1800s my ancestors were roof thatchers.
And now the bloggers that I pass this award on to, some are travel related, others about reading and writing. Some are very new to blogland while others are long established with an enviable number of followers. All are worth a visit: